Carbonworx CX720 (new style) or Connelly HC800's

Discussion in 'Show Skiing Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what jumpers are better the new style CX720's by Carbonworx or the HC800's im 14 and need new jumpers, but cant decide which ones are better !! i was wonder what would you guys thought were better so please get back to me ASAP with some responses

Thanks, Mitch

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jumpers

I definitely would stay with the Connelly's. They have been around forever and all their kinks are worked out, while Carbonworx skis are fairly new to the sport and their freestyle skis have had major problems. I know they think they have new and improved skis but I'll believe it when I see it and there are more than a couple of skiers using them. I also know their customer service is horrible where Connelly will take care of you asap in case if something cosmetic happens to your skis. I knew a guy who skied on the new C jumpers and broke 1 clean in half, so be careful! You should not have to worry about your equipment, there are many more things to worry about!

3. dav12321

dav12321 New Showskier

Rumor

The new cx are great

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Connellys's

I compete in both show and 3E and Connellys are way better than Carbonworx. They are way more durable and the company stands behind their product. Once you give carbonworx your money your screwed, it takes forever to get them and the delaminate. Plus Boid will not fix anything that goes wrong with the skis.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad Jumpers

Those Carbonworx Jumpers aren't all that they're cracked up to be. Actully, they really get all cracked up after a few ride overs and a couple attempts at hellies. I've had nothing but trouble with my skis on the water and with getting new pairs when the other ones break.
    (I'm on my 3rd pair now!) Plus, getting those jumpers in the first place after ordering them at Think Tank took almost 4 months! (Which went well into water time!)

One other thing that's not so great about those skis, is that getting a hold of any one at the company is a full day, sometimes week long project.

All I can say is good luck if you have those skis, but stick with the "older" style jumpers those have proven to stand the test of multiple "yard sale" crashes.

6. Dillon B

Dillon B New Showskier

Ski Team:
    Webfooters
    If anyone has a spare carbonworx I would love to purchase it as a flipturn though...

7. jordan long

jordan long New Showskier

Ski Team:
    canada
    i have some skis that would make great flip turns